Five Car Buying Tips for Graduates
Congratulations! You did it! You finally passed all of your classes, walked across that stage, and took home your degree. Now you’re ready to head out into the real world, but you need your own set of wheels first. If you are in the market for a new ride, here are five car buying tips for graduates.
- New or used. While the alluring scent of a brand new car can be hard to turn down, a used car can be a smart choice, especially if you are looking to save money. In addition, used cars are more reliable than ever before, so they aren’t the risk they used to be.
- Buy or lease. If you’re unsure of where your life will be within two to three years, you might want to consider leasing a car. Not only will you be able to afford a nicer car, but once the lease is up, you’re free to go on your backpacking European adventure or move to the big city where you don’t even need a car.
- Think about work. Will you need your car for your job? If so, make sure it will work well for what you do. Don’t buy a compact hatchback when you really need a pickup.
- Shop around. While you may have a specific make and model in mind, don’t forget to consider other options. You might find a much better car at a much better price when you try out other brands.
- More than MPG. Of course having a fuel efficient car is the smart thing to do, but consider other features, too. If you only look at vehicles with the absolute best efficiency, you might be missing out on some great features that you could get by only sacrificing only a few mpgs.
If you’re a new college graduate looking for a new or used car, give us a call at Wayne Thomas Chevrolet Cadillac. Tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll be glad to help you out with your car shopping experience.