Chevrolet’s 4G LTE Data Pricing Gets a Cut
Since it was first introduced in 2014, Chevrolet’s built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi has continued to grow in popularity month after month. In fact, it is becoming so popular that Chevrolet’s 4G LTE data pricing is getting a big cut.
Chevrolet announced a price drop by as much as 50% on most plans. In addition, it has added new plan options with even more data.
- 1 GB per month. Old pricing was $20. This plan now costs $10.
- 4 GB per month. This plan did not exist before. It costs $20.
- 10 GB per month. Previously this plan was $80. Now it only costs $40.
- 10 GB per 12 months. This old plan was priced at $150. It is no longer available.
- 20 GB per 12 months. This updated plan costs $150.
“As more people embrace the technology, it brings down the cost of entry for all users,” said Laura Keck, OnStar Subscriber Marketing Strategy manager, in a statement. “With these lower prices, we expect even more customers to use 4G LTE connectivity during this busy summer driving season.”
With the built-in OnStar 4G LTE, up to seven devices can connect at once. With that in mind, it’s not too surprising that more than 60% of Suburban owners use this great technology since the Suburban is such a great family vehicle. However, the highest volume of data use comes from the Silverado, with more than 1 million gigabytes of data used to date.
For more information on Chevrolet’s 4G LTE data pricing, come visit us at Wayne Thomas Chevrolet.